Self-guided tutorial of the concepts and skills to become a political savvy leader. This Video Seminar of Political Savvy with hand outs provides active learning to maximize influence in any organization.
This course is fundamentally about leadership – but not the visible kind. Leadership is multifaceted, and this session explores some of the less visible but equally vital aspects, starting with the ability to INFLUENCE decision-makers within the organization.
The stark reality of any organization is that “political” factors affect how decisions are made. Those who wish to be effective and have impact on decisions must learn the process of influencing necessary in an organizational setting. This course will provide you with much of the requisite insight and ability critical to that process of influencing. It will help you to be an agent for change in your organization. You do not have to compromise values and principles to do so.
You will learn tools and tactics that are both ETHICAL and EFFECTIVE for getting results – some of which are counterintuitive, and sure to challenge conventional beliefs.
This self-guided video seminar with handouts explores the dynamics of power, politics, influence without authority, and upward and outward leadership…dynamics that all of us face every day in the business world, based on the research and work of Joel R DeLuca, Ph.D. and presented by Mark Antonucci, the Senior Consultant and Lead Instructor for the Political Savvy Seminar.
The seminar will address topics such as:
- How Political Savvy is all about ethical and effective leadership
- Why it is so difficult to have “influence” inside the organization
- The political savvy “mindset” needed to influence and lead
- How to overcome barriers that inhibit your ability to influence effectively
- The toolset used by the savvy to build support and collaboration
- How to apply the toolset to your own actions and initiatives
- How to write your own “success” narrative